Sunday 31 July 2011

Until December Mr Bob

So, today I said a temporary goodbye to my beloved dog, Bob, who has to stay at our friend's house here in the US while he waits out his rabies quarantine. He will be flying back to us towards the end of the year.

In honour of the fluffy monster, here are a few of his favourite things and some qualities I will miss the most while we are apart:



Mr Bob likes to run round and round in fields chasing birds and squirrels

He likes to chew bones and baby toys but has never once chewed our furniture


Bob likes to sleep on the bed, but only when there's just one person in it, two people in and he's not a happy bunny

Bob loves leftovers and will wait until he is absolutely sure there are none left for him before he goes to eat his own dinner


He loves a good stroke right deep down under his ears and on his belly. Actually, anywhere's a good spot for Bobble.



He loves a good daytime nap and will alternate between the comfy, warm sofa and the cool floor, especially during the hot summer.

Mr Bob deeply enjoys a walk. It doesn't need to be far or exciting. 


He is crazy and attention seeking, but is also gentle and patient (especially with babies and children)


Bob craves a proper Master in his life and will become your devoted dog-servant if you are.



Bobble loves to chase flies but as yet has failed to catch one in flight.


He loves to ride in the car and will race to jump in the seat beside you.

Bob is good at the vets and is adored by all the nurses there, of course!


Mr Bob will eat almost anything except cucumber. Bananas? He has to be 'in the mood'

Bring him a treat or bone home and he will LOVE you forever

Don't leave doors open in the daytime where it may be possible for him to steal towels or clothes as he will hump them mercilessly all day long.

Mr Bob is my baby, my first-born boy and I will be counting down the days until he is back with us. I know he will be in excellent hands and trust his guardian completely. I know he will have a great time and will grow up and become more independent without me molly-coddling him every day.

But oh!, how my heart is broken. I miss his oatmeal smell, his soft, shaggy blond curls, his yellow-green eyes and inch-long ginger eyelashes. I miss the way he snuggles in for a cuddle and bows his head down in deference to the stroking. I miss the beautiful way he walks, with his bum wiggling behind. I miss his plain gorgeous little Bobble face, framed in a halo of fur like a lion. I miss his long, swaying tail and his little brown paw pads. I miss his brown, wet nose and pink lips.



Bobble and I have been partners since almost the day we arrived in Greenville and without him to walk and play with everyday, my experience here would have been very different. Thanks for the memories! I cannot wait to see you at the airport in December.

Be a good boy x x x 

2 comments:

  1. Clare, I just LOVE your blog! It is so heartfelt and sincere that one cannot help but be touched to the very core. I promise to do my absolute best to ensure that Mr. Bob receives all the love and attention he deserves. Obviously, a mother's love can never be substituted, but I will make sure the next few months offer Bob the opportunity to experience new things while he awaits the inevitable reunion with his beloved family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh. So much of what you say also applies to my husband...poor Bob. Poor H. I hope you are back together soon!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so comment away!