Saturday 9 July 2011

Listography: Top 5 Ice Creams

My Mum doesn't like ice-cream, I think it's the coldness (which kind of rules it out) so she won't appreciate this Listography.

I, on the other hand, have a voracious sweet tooth and adore ice-cream, especially if it has a) chocolate and b) caramel in it. 

Writing this list takes me right back to my childhood and trooping off to the local shop with my friends and cousins to buy ice-creams on that one, magnificent summer's day in the school holidays. 

1) Zzapp!


An enigma in the ice-cream world, I never found these in shops where I lived. Maybe this added to the deliciousness of them, but they only turned up on specific ice-cream vans.

The psychedelic ice-cream colours and the unique flavour which I never really pinned down: toffee? caramel? all add up to my top favourite lolly.

2) Bounty

 
Bounty runs a close second to a Zzapp and is a relative newcomer to the world of ice creams. The combination of creamy coconut and rich dark chocolate sends me to a higher plane.

3) Snickers


 

From the same family as Bounty, I love the way all the different elements blend together and you end up with a big, sticky, chocolately mess by the end. 

4) Solero


 
Perfect on a really hot day when a chocolate lolly wouldn't suffice. The sharp fruity outer layer would dissolve away to leave the luscious ice cream middle!


5) Nobbly Bobbly


This is the husband's contribution to the list, running closely alongside cider lollies (yuk!)


For more trips down ice-cream nostalgia lane, visit Kate Takes 5 and her fab Listography.
 

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I haven't heard of some of these delicacies! The snickers one sounds like it is too good to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, having children is an excellent excuse to pop some of these in the grocery cart...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, snickers. Mars ice cream are a very close runner up though.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you so comment away!