Thursday 10 February 2011

Life as we know it.


Would you just look at that sky? It's February for goodness sake!

This is the view from my front door and I thought I would take advantage of the beautiful day and sit out on the front step for a while.

The dog was bumbling around the garden, sniffing and exploring, happy as Larry and Imogen was on my lap sucking her foot; the birds were twittering all around and the breeze was as gentle & mild as baby's breath.

Many people say they wish they could look in to the future & see what life has in store for them, but I am glad I can't. I'm glad that I had no idea that my life would bring me to this place, with these people. The surprise and disbelief that this is actually my life makes it all the more sweeter.

To just sit and appreciate is a luxury not many of us have any more with increasingly busy & frenetic lives going on (mine included). Surrounded by this perfect calm & tranquility, I realised 'This is life'. Not 'This is THE life', but that This. Is. Life - in it's simplest, purest form.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you so comment away!